I am an internationally unknown and locally ignored photographer.
I am a retired aerospace physicist/engineer who spent his entire career working on the Eastern Missile Range, including about 14 years in various aspects of the photographic tracking of missiles, satellites, and reentry vehicles and complexes. The weights of some of the camera systems I used were measured in tons rather than in ounces. To catch transient events, camera frame rates ranged up to 2,500 frames per second. I did a lot of photography with a 609 mm lens...and that was just the diameter of the aperture. The focal length that I used most was 12,700 mm.
For the past thirteen years, I have competed in the artistic nude category of the professionally juried avant-garde Cypress Cove Camera Club Photo Shows that are held twice a year and have won a number of first place ribbons and Best of Show awards doing so. My primary shoot goal is to acquire competition-level creative artistic nude images.
MODEL PREPARATIONS FOR A NUDE SHOOT
The following recommendations apply for a nude shoot with any photographer, not just me:
1. Realizing this is a nude shoot, before you schedule a firm date, please check your calendar to make sure that you won't be bloated, menstruating, or in PMS Hell. This avoids last-minute apologetic calls or flaking if too embarrassed to explain.
2. Any part of you that you that you shave, including underarms, should be very freshly shaved so that a picture that includes that area does not show a "shadow". This is especially applicable to models that do not have skin-colored platinum blonde hair. Please be aware that this does not mean dragging the blade across the skin so hard that it leaves a forest of red bumps.
3. Except for a few photographers who consider strong tan lines erotic, the vast majority of figure photographers prefer that the nude model have no tan lines or at the very most, weak tan lines. So please do not go to the beach or pool in a standard swimsuit and acquire strong tan lines or a sunburn prior to a nude shoot date. And do not follow the example of the model who tried to cancel tan lines out the day before a nude shoot with way overdoing it at a tanning salon. Lobster-red butts and breasts are simply not artistically photogenic. It takes three days between the last tanning salon visit and a shoot to give the tan time to completely form. If you do go to the beach, purchase and wear a tan-thru swimsuit and use an SPF 4 tanning lotion on the exposed skin to match the SPF 4 of the tan-thru. If you already have tan lines, to reduce them while at the beach or pool in a tan-thru, I recommend using an SPF 8 or higher tanning lotion on the exposed skin and limiting your sun exposure time to that recommended for SPF 4. Adjust the swimsuit seam positions once in awhile so that they do not show.
4. E-mailing, telephoning, or texting the photographer the day before to confirm the date and time of a shoot shows responsibility and gives the photographer much more confidence that the shoot planning and setup work will not be in vain. If you are running behind schedule on the day of the shoot, call or text and let the photographer know approximately how late you will be.
5. Please be wearing only a loose dress or other garment when you arrive for a shoot. Avoid wearing a bra, panties, belt, elastic waistband, Bikini, thong, shorts, corduroy, jeans, or anything else that leaves red pressure marks on the skin. Bring any of these to wear after the shoot, of course. Think beltless dress, long nightshirt, or Muu Muu an hour before the shoot. Especially if your hair is made up when you arrive, the ultimate garment is one that drops down rather than goes up over the head. If when you are ready to model, you unzip, unfasten, or unbutton and your garment drops to the floor leaving just you, any figure photographer will instantly recognize you as being a professional nude model and the session will start on a very positive note.
6. I know this is hard to remember when you are just seconds from starting a shoot in a studio, but just before you step into the studio setting, if you are not wearing some sort of footwear and the soles of your feet may be in some pictures, be sure that your soles are nice and pink, not black. Feet get grimy very quickly walking on house, studio, or garage floors that have not been recently washed and PSing that out without it looking obvious is very difficult and time consuming. Note to photographers: To help out on your part, keep your studio floors clean!
OMP MODELS I HAVE WORKED WITH: * indicates more than once
Alissa 58527, Danielle 104609, Jamie N/A, Erika 84847, Wenona 2431*, Yulia 238718, Whitne 26568, Elisabeth 180514,
Amy Rose 36877, Lady Oriana 29421, Mindy 296499, Mattie 110851, Leah 228384*, Kerri 39743*, Kate 284522,
Saraliz 153246, Amber G 11142, Heidi 167896*, London Andrews 199123*, McKenzie 295070, Sienna 260465*, Scarlette 333449,
Safarah N/A, Navarre N/A*, Britney 171009*, Katy_T 101255*, Alexis N/A, Katie_R 363211, Reagan 303787,
Mandy 368837, Erin 372812, Rachel 383371*, Brooke 356040, Margaret 388676, Josephine 394410*, Penne 400595,
Marisa 399813, Chelsea 410917, Faith Alexandria 410647, Mackenzie 390364*, Glorygurl 420792*, Adrian 405445, Tree 426156*
Peyton 419153*, Whitney 30453*, Vassanta 245800, Ivy88 394793, Annett 429456, Britney Sands 425505*, Katrina 382715*, Kaycee21 451431,
Shanamac 448785*, Kristin 454684, Selene 460881, Kathleen 421169, Briella 472692, Hazel 475467*, Tiffany 392794
Non-OMP models I have worked with include:
Lisa, Violet*, Diana*, Crystal*, Scarlett*, Vanessa*, Elise*, Zoe, Ashley, Kameil*, Joyce, Josielina, Kara, Ebony, Eleana, KristyLynn
OneModelPlace.com™ Ltd. (OMP) is a Portfolio Hosting Site. The images and materials, claims and statements, expressed, implied or guaranteed by members and non-members on this site, are the sole responsibility of those individuals. All information accuracy, copyright credits, image copyrights and usage, and other forms of information are the sole responsibility of each member or poster. OneModelPlace.com™ Ltd. (OMP) does not guarantee, warrant, or confirm information posted to profile display pages or to the messages boards.